What Is Reseller Hosting: Reseller Hosting is, basically, selling the hosting service again. In Reseller Web Hosting, an individual or organization purchases or rents disk space and bandwidth from a web hosting service provider and sells it to a third party.
Reseller Web Hosting is mainly for web developers and designers who already have a customer base and want to provide additional web hosting service to them. It is also for those who want to start their own web hosting business.
As a blogger or owner of a website, you have nothing to do with Reseller Web Hosting. Unless, of course, you want to start your own business of providing web hosting service.
What Is Reseller Hosting?
Reseller Web Hosting, as explained above, is a hosting plan for web designers, developers, or people who want to start their own web hosting business.
Advantages Of Reseller Hosting
The advantages of Reseller Hosting are as under:
- Reseller Web Hosting plans are very cheap. Hence, it is a great option for those who want to get into this business. You don’t have to worry about investing a huge amount of money on purchasing the necessary infrastructure, technology, and equipment to start a web hosting service provider.
- You don’t have to think about the technological aspects of running a web hosting business. All tasks related to server maintenance, connectivity, security, updates, etc. are taken care of by the web hosting service. You just have to focus on the business aspect.
- You can create your own web service plans based on the requirements of your clients.
- With Reseller Web Hosting, even though you are selling the resources of another web hosting service provider, you can build your own brand and identity. Your clients won’t know that it is actually another web hosting company.
Disadvantages Of Reseller Hosting
There are some disadvantages of Reseller Web Hosting which are as under:
- The success of your business depends on how good the original web hosting company is. For example, if their server goes down on a regular basis or there are frequent technical issues, it is your business that will suffer. So, you must do proper research of the web hosting company before purchasing Reseller Hosting plan.
- In case you want to change your web hosting provider, it will affect your clients. Considering this, it is always good to have your own Dedicated Server or VPS/Virtual Private Server if you want to get into the web hosting business. But then again, it will be expensive.
- It could be distracting, even tiring at times. You will have to deal with your customers and their requirements on a regular basis. But then again, that’s part and parcel of any business.
This more or less explains what is Reseller Hosting. The pros and cons of Reseller Web Hosting are also explained.
As mentioned above, if you are looking for web hosting service to host your own blog, this type of hosting is not for you. In that case, you can start off with a Shared Hosting plan or a Dedicated Hosting plan there is no budget constraint. The reason I have included it here is for you to know the differences between the various types of web hosting.
If you have any question regarding what is Reseller Hosting, feel free to drop your query in the comment section below and I will respond at the earliest.